Monday, March 22, 2010

A pace for radio

Three weeks ago, I announced to the world, or at least the part of the world that reads this blog, that I would lead off every week with a six-word memoir, or mission statement or whatever seemed appropriate. Then I evidently dropped off the face of the earth for a while. Not too impressive a start, but then, lots of room to improve. So I'll jump back in with:

"That negative split looks promising already."

And things haven't exactly let up.

Well, then. I'm told that when things get this busy, the effective executive delegates. I am neither effective nor executive, but I am still tied up, so this would be a pretty good time to try the delegation thing. Or maybe it's a recycling thing, but here is the link to an interview that just aired on NPR station KPCC in Pasadena. Sharon McNary, an Ironman triathlete herself, talked to me about my book Trizophrenia and did, I thought, a stellar job of making me look good, which is no easy feat. Indeed, Scott Pohl from WKAR in East Lansing did his best and fell short. Scott came to my house and manned the microphone (bonus: you get to hear our dog make an appearance) and shot a few quick photos for KPCC's Web site (visuals for the radio; the future is here). I modeled my aero gladiator helmet, as Sharon described it, and mostly just proved the old joke about having a face for radio.

That's OK. The dog's got a voice for print.

0 comments: